2012 was an epic year for Salesforce Developers. When I look back at all that we have done, I see incredible growth in our community and incredible innovation in the applications being developed—thanks to you.
Here are our top highlights from 2012:
- 800,000 developers and climbing: the Salesforce Platform Developer Community is growing at an unprecedented rate.
- Cool new Salesforce technologies: Identity, Salesforce Touch Platform, Force.com Canvas, and Java on Heroku for the Enterprise were released.
- Content is king: Great books such as The Salesforce Touch Platform Mobile Development Guide and Dan Appleman’s new book Advanced Apex Programming for Salesforce.com hit the shelves.
- Community is making noise: Salesforce Stack Exchange launched and is already at 1,000 users. Developer User Groups have grown to 60 groups across the globe and climbing.
- New leaders have emerged: Andy Boettcher, Junji Imaoka, Keir Bowden, Sanuki Ikou, Simon Goodyear are the most recent MVPs to join ranks of the Force.com MVP Program.
- We are staying connected, more often and in more ways: Webinars, CodeTalks, Google+ Hangouts, Facebook, Twitter, Discussion Boards, and the list goes on.
- Developer Events of Epic Proportions: 10,000 Developers at Dreamforce ‘12 with close to 300 sessions, Developer Zones at Cloudforce in New York, Tokyo, and London, and Developer Weeks in Brazil and India.