Great user experience takes time, but the rewards are worth it. Examples like TiVo, Google Maps, Mint.com and iPhone show the impact a great user experience can have on user adoption and how influential it can be to the industry. Killer apps change the game, and they start with a great user experience.
At Cloudforce 2010, Ian Swinson from our UE team and I spoke about the User Experience Best Practices at salesforce.com. For those of you who missed the session or are looking for a recap, here's a link to the presentation. The goal of the session was to help you build great user experiences by covering the following topics:
- What is user experience and why does it matter?
- What is the user experience process used internally at Salesforce?
- What are some examples of Force.com apps and their approach to user experience?
- What are features and best practices you can apply to your Force.com apps?
- What are key takeaways to start creating great user experiences?
Remember, according to Minds Eye Web Design, "95% of web users do not read 80% of your content." This means your user experience is incredibly important to ensure customer adoption and retention. What other great user experience resources do you recommend? Share your thoughts and feedback in the comment section.